[Enter three Murderers]
- Second Murderer. He needs not our mistrust, since he delivers
Our offices and what we have to do
To the direction just.
- First Murderer. Then stand with us.
The west yet glimmers with some streaks of day:
Now spurs the lated traveller apace
To gain the timely inn; and near approaches
The subject of our watch.
- Banquo. [Within] Give us a light there, ho!
- Second Murderer. Then 'tis he: the rest
That are within the note of expectation
Already are i' the court.
- Third Murderer. Almost a mile: but he does usually,
So all men do, from hence to the palace gate
Make it their walk.
[Enter BANQUO, and FLEANCE with a torch]
- Banquo. It will be rain to-night.
[They set upon BANQUO]
- Banquo. O, treachery! Fly, good Fleance, fly, fly, fly!
Thou mayst revenge. O slave!
[Dies. FLEANCE escapes]