History of King John
• To print this text, click here
• To save this text, go to your browser's File menu, then select Save As
Act III, Scene 2
The same. Plains near Angiers.
[Alarums, excursions. Enter the BASTARD, with]
- Philip the Bastard. Now, by my life, this day grows wondrous hot;
Some airy devil hovers in the sky
And pours down mischief. Austria's head lie there,
While Philip breathes.
[Enter KING JOHN, ARTHUR, and HUBERT]
- King John. Hubert, keep this boy. Philip, make up:
My mother is assailed in our tent,
And ta'en, I fear.
- Philip the Bastard. My lord, I rescued her;
Her highness is in safety, fear you not:
But on, my liege; for very little pains
Will bring this labour to an happy end.