As You Like It
• To print this text, click here
• To save this text, go to your browser's File menu, then select Save As
Act III, Scene 1
Enter DUKE FREDERICK, OLIVER, and LORDS
- Frederick. Not see him since! Sir, sir, that cannot be.
But were I not the better part made mercy,
I should not seek an absent argument
Of my revenge, thou present. But look to it:
Find out thy brother wheresoe'er he is;
Seek him with candle; bring him dead or living
Within this twelvemonth, or turn thou no more
To seek a living in our territory.
Thy lands and all things that thou dost call thine
Worth seizure do we seize into our hands,
Till thou canst quit thee by thy brother's mouth
Of what we think against thee.
- Oliver. O that your Highness knew my heart in this!
I never lov'd my brother in my life.
- Frederick. More villain thou. Well, push him out of doors;
And let my officers of such a nature
Make an extent upon his house and lands.
Do this expediently, and turn him going. Exeunt