Two Gentlemen of Verona
• To print this text, click here
• To save this text, go to your browser's File menu, then select Save As
Act V, Scene 1
Milan. An abbey.
- Eglamour. The sun begins to gild the western sky;
And now it is about the very hour
That Silvia, at Friar Patrick's cell, should meet me.
She will not fail, for lovers break not hours,
Unless it be to come before their time;
So much they spur their expedition.
See where she comes.
Lady, a happy evening!
- Silvia. Amen, amen! Go on, good Eglamour,
Out at the postern by the abbey-wall:
I fear I am attended by some spies.
- Eglamour. Fear not: the forest is not three leagues off;
If we recover that, we are sure enough.