Troilus and Cressida
• To print this text, click here
• To save this text, go to your browser's File menu, then select Save As
Act V, Scene 9
Another part of the plains.
[Enter AGAMEMNON, AJAX, MENELAUS, NESTOR, DIOMEDES,]
[p]and others, marching. Shouts within]
- Agamemnon. Hark! hark! what shout is that?
- Nestor. Peace, drums!
Achilles! Achilles! Hector's slain! Achilles.
- Diomedes. The bruit is, Hector's slain, and by Achilles.
- Ajax. If it be so, yet bragless let it be;
Great Hector was a man as good as he.
- Agamemnon. March patiently along: let one be sent
To pray Achilles see us at our tent.
If in his death the gods have us befriended,
Great Troy is ours, and our sharp wars are ended.