As You Like It
• To print this text, click here
• To save this text, go to your browser's File menu, then select Save As
Act II, Scene 2
The DUKE’S palace
Enter DUKE FREDERICK, with LORDS
- Frederick. Can it be possible that no man saw them?
It cannot be; some villains of my court
Are of consent and sufferance in this.
- First Lord. I cannot hear of any that did see her.
The ladies, her attendants of her chamber,
Saw her abed, and in the morning early
They found the bed untreasur'd of their mistress.
- Second Lord. My lord, the roynish clown, at whom so oft
Your Grace was wont to laugh, is also missing.
Hisperia, the Princess' gentlewoman,
Confesses that she secretly o'erheard
Your daughter and her cousin much commend
The parts and graces of the wrestler
That did but lately foil the sinewy Charles;
And she believes, wherever they are gone,
That youth is surely in their company.
- Frederick. Send to his brother; fetch that gallant hither.
If he be absent, bring his brother to me;
I'll make him find him. Do this suddenly;
And let not search and inquisition quail
To bring again these foolish runaways. Exeunt