Antony and Cleopatra
Act IV, Scene 3
The same. Before the palace.
[Enter two Soldiers to their guard]
- Second Soldier. It will determine one way: fare you well.
Heard you of nothing strange about the streets?
[Enter two other Soldiers]
[They place themselves in every corner of the stage]
- Fourth Soldier. Here we: and if to-morrow
Our navy thrive, I have an absolute hope
Our landmen will stand up.
[Music of the hautboys as under the stage]
- Second Soldier. 'Tis the god Hercules, whom Antony loved,
Now leaves him.
- First Soldier. Walk; let's see if other watchmen
Do hear what we do?
[They advance to another post]
- All. [Speaking together] How now!
How now! do you hear this?
- First Soldier. Follow the noise so far as we have quarter;
Let's see how it will give off.
- All. Content. 'Tis strange.